Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Coconut Oil

Hey guys! I have been away for a while. Don't really know what happened; I kinda forgot that I had a blog... Embarrassing. Well, I'm back!


A few months ago, I jumped on the magnificent bandwagon that is coconut oil and thought I’d share my newly discovered obsession.
So, I know I’m not the first one to brag about how cool coconut oil is. Those who haven’t tried it yet must really be tired of hearing about it, because it’s seriously all over the internet. They don't know what they're missing! Described as a miracle product, coconut oil is said to have probably a billion uses! Okay, I’m exaggerating, but you can seriously use it for practically everything. You can obviously use it to cook delicious meals, but did you know you could also use it in your beauty regimen? Yeah! I’m not kidding you!




Like I said, you can find a bunch of uses for it if you search a bit. I, for one, do not use it for everything. I’m not THAT obsessed. But it has permanently replaced five main items in my routine: facial moisturizer, eye makeup remover, hair mask, body moisturizer and shaving cream. Cool, right!?
You can find coconut oil at your local grocery store in the cooking oils section. Make sure the one you pick is organic and virgin. It’s just better for you. I made a mistake and got organic and non-virgin. I’m not dead and it works very well, so it not crucial to have virgin. Just better. If you have trouble finding it, coconut oil is white and in solid form at room temperature. Do not panic (I don’t know why you would); it will melt almost as soon as in come into contact with the warmth of you hands.




For my face, I take a small amount, rub it between my hands and massage it all over. You really don’t need much. Eye makeup remover is pretty self explanatory. Just gently rub the littlest bit it on your eyes to remove eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Then, rinse off with water. For my hair and body, however, I’m a bit (a lot) more generous. If you want to do a hair mask with it, take a large amount and saturate your hair with it, from roots to tips. Your mane must be covered! Then, keep it on for at least three hours (I do this treatment overnight) and wash it off. You can choose to condition or not afterwards. After your hair dries, it will be silky smooth, I promise. I would recommend doing this treatment weekly for best results. If I just want to moisturize my body, I apply it exactly like a lotion, focusing on my elbows, knees, legs and heels. As for shaving, when you’re in the shower, apply a small amount to the area you want to shave to make it slippery. Then shave as you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment